While taking out the bins for collection the other day I noticed that my garden gate was starting to have issues with it’s integrity. It wasn’t totally falling apart and would have probably lasted a bit longer, but as I had the time and the weather was going to be good I decided today would be a good time to replace it. The previous gate had been a part DIY gate. A sort of flat pack gate if you like. Above you can see all the pieces that made it up. Panels that had to be linked together, nailed to a series of crossbeam which were also screwed into place. You could even decide to have a flat or curved top to it as the beams were purposefully over-long. I needed to take it apart so it can be recycled at a later day. The replacement is a pre-built gate which works well, and as someone I know would say, fills a hole!